Agencies | Online Services | State Directory    
AR DHS Logo Arkanasas Special Nutrition Header Image
Welcome to Arkansas SNP On-Line. v3.49.29 (12/02/2022)
Arkansas Division of Child Care and Early Childhood Education
 Enter Claims
 Enter Inspections

Day Care Homes
Who Can Participate?

Anyone who cares for children for less than 24 hours a day in their home and provides them with nutritious meals and snacks.

Home day care providers must be at least 18 years of age.

Children from birth through their 13th birthday qualify.

The provider's own children may also qualify.

What kind of meals may be served?
The meals must meet the USDA standards for nutrition and quality.
How does a provider receive reimbursement?

Home child care providers receive reimbursement for up to two main meals and one snack per child, per day.

Claims for reimbursement are submitted by sponsors on a monthly basis and reimbursement checks are sent to each family child care home provider by the sponsor.  Reimbursement rates are set by the federal government.  Providers can expect to receive approximately $3.60 per child, per day, of eligible Tier I rates.  Tier II rates are approximately $1.73 per day, per child.

There are USDA nutrition requirements and other simple guidelines a provider needs to follow in order to qualify for these monies.  Requirements and guidelines will be explained in detail upon initial contact of Sponsors.

Training Opportunities

The Child and Adult Care Food Program provides training to sponsors and home providers.  Regional conferences and training sessions on topics such as nutrition, child development and menu planning are available.

To participate as a child care home provider in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), you must sign up with a CACFP Sponsoring organization, you cannot apply on-line.  Listed below are the Child Care Home Sponsoring Organizations currently participating in the CACFP.  Contact Sponsoring Organization(s) for information on how to sign up.  If you have any further questions, please contact our office in Little rock at (501) 682-8869 or toll free at 1-800-482-5850 ext. 2-8869.

Day Care Home Sponsoring Organizations

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)   mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2)   fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3)   email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

For Additional Information:

Special Nutrition Programs
P.O. Box 1437, Slot S-155
Little Rock, AR 72203-1437
(501) 682-8869     1-800-482-5850 ext. 28869