Agencies | Online Services | State Directory    
AR DHS Logo Arkanasas Special Nutrition Header Image
Welcome to Arkansas SNP On-Line. v3.49.29 (12/02/2022)
Arkansas Division of Child Care and Early Childhood Education
 Enter Claims
 Enter Inspections

Child Care Centers
Who Can Participate?

The program is available to public and private nonprofit organizations providing licensed or registered, nonresidential day care services.  Such organizations include child care centers, outside-school-hours care centers, and organizations providing day care services for children with disabilities and/or special health care needs.

Children twelve and younger are eligible to participate in the program (for children of migrant workers the age limit is 15 years).  People who are physically or mentally disabled participate regardless of age, if they receive care at a center or home where the majority of the enrolled participants are eighteen or under.

Adults are eligible to participate if they are enrolled in an adult day care center and are functionally impaired or 60 years of age or older.

All centers must have child care or adult care licensing or approval.  The Special Nutrition programs can provide information on how to obtain approval.  The Arkansas Department of Human Services, Division of Child Care and Early Childhood Education, Child Care Licensing Unit can provide information on how to obtain a license.

Meal Service

All participating institutions must serve meals that meet the USDA's nutritional standards.

Institutions may receive reimbursements for up to two main meals and one snack per day per participant.

Program Assistance
Generally, program payments are made to child or adult care centers and outside-school-hours care centers based on the number of meals served to enrolled participants multiplied by the current reimbursement rates.  The reimbursement rate may change according to the annual National Average Payment Rate and varies with each participant's family size and income.
Center Sponsors

Centers who have been in business less than six months are required to participate under the supervision of a Center Sponsoring Organization.  Center Sponsoring Organizations are listed below:



In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)   mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2)   fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3)   email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

For Additional Information:

Special Nutrition Programs
P.O. Box 1437, Slot S-155
Little Rock, AR 72203-1437
(501) 682-8869     1-800-482-5850 ext. 28869