Agencies | Online Services | State Directory    
AR DHS Logo Arkanasas Special Nutrition Header Image
Welcome to Arkansas SNP On-Line.              v3.44.6 (7/10/2015)              
Arkansas Division of Child Care and Early Childhood Education
 Enter Claims
 Enter Inspections

Child Care Centers
Who Can Participate?

The program is available to public and private nonprofit organizations providing licensed or registered, nonresidential day care services.  Such organizations include child care centers, outside-school-hours care centers, and organizations providing day care services for children with disabilities and/or special health care needs.

Children twelve and younger are eligible to participate in the program (for children of migrant workers the age limit is 15 years).  People who are physically or mentally disabled participate regardless of age, if they receive care at a center or home where the majority of the enrolled participants are eighteen or under.

Adults are eligible to participate if they are enrolled in an adult day care center and are functionally impaired or 60 years of age or older.

All centers must have child care or adult care licensing or approval.  The Special Nutrition programs can provide information on how to obtain approval.  The Arkansas Department of Human Services, Division of Child Care and Early Childhood Education, Child Care Licensing Unit can provide information on how to obtain a license.

Meal Service

All participating institutions must serve meals that meet the USDA's nutritional standards.

Institutions may receive reimbursements for up to two main meals and one snack per day per participant.

Program Assistance
Generally, program payments are made to child or adult care centers and outside-school-hours care centers based on the number of meals served to enrolled participants multiplied by the current reimbursement rates.  The reimbursement rate may change according to the annual National Average Payment Rate and varies with each participant's family size and income.
Center Sponsors

Centers who have been in business less than six months are required to participate under the supervision of a Center Sponsoring Organization.  Center Sponsoring Organizations are listed below:



The U.S Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department, (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at ,or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.  Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at .

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

For Additional Information:

Special Nutrition Programs
P.O. Box 1437, Slot S-155
Little Rock, AR 72203-1437
(501) 682-8869     1-800-482-5850 ext. 28869